PG 600 is for induction of estrus in prepuberal gilts and weaned sows experiencing delayed return to estrus.
A combination of 400 IU of Pregnant Mare Serum Gonadotrophin and 200 IU of Human Chorionic Gonadotrophin.
Administer to non-cycling (prepuberal) gilts that are at least 5-1/2 months of age and weigh at least 187 lbs.
Administer to sows at weaning that are experiencing delayed return to estrus. A single dose turns on the heat 3-7 days after use. Will only induce heat in gilts that have not cycled. 5 dose bottles once rehydrated will need to be used all at the same time.
- Combination of PMSG and hCG mimics naturally occurring reproductive hormones, FSH and LH
- Induces heat in prepuberal gilts and weaned sows experiencing delayed return to estrus
- 89% of sows treated with P.G. 600 exhibit signs of estrus within four to five days of weaning1
- Within 28 days of treatment, 72.9% of the gilts treated with P.G. 600 had been detected in heat compared with 59.5% of the non-treated gilts2
- Treatment with P.G. 600 increased the percentage of sows in estrus within seven (57.5 vs 40.9%) or 28 days (72.9 vs 59.5%); average interval to estrus was reduced (0.05 from 10.4 to 7.5 days)3
- Reduction of non-productive days reduces feed costs and improves pig flow, which leads to improved productivity